[Sca-cooks] Yogurt

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Jun 3 12:40:51 PDT 2007

Interesting "variant" on the reference to Canaan as the land of milk and
honey.  I'd always taken it to refer to two of the only foods we consume, as
human beings, that are actually intended to be used *as food.*
My Syrian-ethnic origin friends refer to yogurt cheese as "lebnah" or
"lebneh" (sp?), also.  I really like the stuff, myself.  Makes a wonderful
substitute for sour cream.  I actually bought a quart of plain yogurt this
morning to make some this week.  It's going into a Thai peanut dip that I'll
serve with slices of raw jicama at this week's Guild Night.  Makes great
tzaziki sauce, too, or a raita (cucumber and carrot and a little
cumin....wonderful to serve with curries)....
Mmmm.....cool summer foods....mmmmm.....
--Mmmmmaire, devoutly wishing it were NOT *NINETY-SIX DEGREES* OUT THERE!!
(ahem! *koff* sorry about that....I *hate* unseasonably hot weather ;o)