[Sca-cooks] OOP: Lavender Ice Cream

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 4 21:31:13 PDT 2007

Cordelia wrote:
>Urtatim,
>May I ask the name/location of said store?
>
>Lilinah <lilinah at earthlink.net> wrote:
>>   I was at the store and couldn't resist the flavors: I bought 1 pint
>>of curry-coconut ice cream and 1 pint of lavender ice cream...

I'll confess, it was the Whole Foods in Berkeley :-) And there's a
range of other amazing flavors. I don't know how available any of
these are in other states, but clearly they're available in some
shops.

A few nights ago, i saw a special on PBS called "The Ice Cream Show"
that was clearly made over a decade ago (it had the Giants playing
baseball in Candlestick Park!! - but, hey, the new stadium still
sells Ben & Jerry's ice cream, cappuccinos, and sushi during the game
- ah, San Francisco)

During the show, Robin Rose of Robin Rose Ice Cream and Chocolate -
alas, her company is gone - showed off her rose petal ice cream, and
she and the show's host commented on how flavors like that would
never make it to commercial distribution... hah! Times have changed!

An LA company, Mashti Malone, makes the lavender ice cream. It also
makes saffron-rosewater ice cream and orange flower water
w/pistachios ice cream. They have some distribution beyond CA, as far
as i can tell.
http://www.mashtimalone.com

The curry coconut (and the company also makes pandan-chocolate, which
i'll get if we ever get any warm weather here by the Bay) is by
Vosges Haut-Chocolat (vozhe oh shah-ko-lah) of Chicago IL
http://www.vosgeschocolate.com
so clearly they sell out-of-home-state.

There are now also a multitude of pomegranate sorbets made by several
companies - i tend to buy a less expensive ones, after reading the
ingredients and being selective.

--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita