[Sca-cooks] Guinea hens

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 11 11:26:08 PDT 2007

>On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 13:44:09 -0400
>   "Barbara Benson" <voxeight at gmail.com> wrote:
> >Guinea hens.
> >
> > Get some Guinea hens, they are one of the most
> >irritating creatures ever.
>
>but remember, you have to listen to them too!  that's the
>drawback. 8)
>
>cailte

Ah, you have not had guinea's eh?  I got them for retaliation to neighbors
dogs left outdoors, ignored and frustrated / lonely that barked all the
time.  For a small while I had them penned but that soon came to an end and
they happily lived in my large tree in the back yard.  The dogs would begin
to bark, the hens would reply, the dogs would shut up.  The hens did know
the sound of my VW bus coming down the street and would put out a shout-out
to greet my homecoming and were also on hand to remind me of feeding time.
Other than that they kept the bug population down and avoided small children
at all costs.  I found them good task masters and tasty too!
Olwen