[Sca-cooks] Japanese cookbooks

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 12:46:33 PDT 2007

To the best of our knowledge, the earliest extant Japanese cookbook dates
from about 1640...we don't have anything any earlier than that.  We are
currently working on a translation of a copy we acquired from the Victoria
and Albert, but a serious attack of life on the part of all three of us has
delayed things.  Wish I could  be more helpful.  Let me forward your
message, if it's ok, to a good friend who has some redacted Japanese recipes
from various sources...

Kiri