[Sca-cooks] Great Western Wars (OT?)

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 12 22:46:52 PDT 2007

Well, I was considering going to the Great Western War. But i just
checked the calendar. It's the same weekend as West Kingdom October
Crown.

And i'm planning to skip October Crown to go to a Bunraku
performance. Bunraku doesn't get out of Japan very often. And i
didn't know about Bunraku i when i was in Osaka, home of Bunraku, in
the summer, which is Bunraku season, back in 1972.

So i'm definitely not going to miss it this time. I'm going with an
SCA friend who has an alternate Japanese persona.

Sigh. I was hoping to go to GWW this year, but i just *can't* miss
the Bunraku performance.

For those who are wondering, Bunraku is a Japanese puppet
performance. It involves puppets that are about 1/3 human size. Each
of the major puppets has three people working it, two all in black
with black hoods over their heads and a master puppeteer in very
flashy old-fashioned Japanese clothing. (The less important have one
or two puppeteers-in-black)

The stories of the puppet shows were stolen by that young
whipper-snapper, that up-start, Kabuki.

--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita