[Sca-cooks] Medieval Chili

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 19 12:32:03 PDT 2007

Vitaliano Vincenzi wrote:
>  >>>> I thought it would be fun to use chili peppers, period or not, but
>  >>>> now that I think about it, all those people full of chili peppers
>  >>>> camping so close together, hmm, probably not a good idea. :)

Lilinah queried:
>  >>> ???? I don't get it. What's the problem?

And Vitaliano Vincenzi obliquely responded:
>  >> Well, I guess it's NOT a problem, since I won't be sleeping near them
>  >> anyway. :)

And Lilinah persisted:
>  > Why? Does it make them snore?

Then Adamantius jumped in with:
>Period food disagreeing with people's delicate tummies?
>
>Oops. Wrong list.

Yeah, and wrong recipe :-)

>I _suspect_ we're getting an unnecessarily delicate and indirect
>reference to mass flatulence. I further posit that this is a lot less
>of a likely issue than some might think, at least assuming that
>people who positively cannot eat chiles don't do so.

I suspect that is what he means, but he is not explicit and i can
imagine other problems: belching, groaning from heartburn, vomiting,
having to run disparately for the privy with explosive bowels, chiles
so hot folks are spontaneously combusting in camp, etc. (yeah, no one
has accused me of being unnecessarily delicate)

But i don't know anyone who gets flatulence from chiles. From beans,
yeah, but from the hot chiles? That is a new one to me, which is why
i've been asking for clarification.

--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita