[Sca-cooks] Beverage Service at Feasts

Daniel Myers edoard at medievalcookery.com
Fri Jun 29 15:34:26 PDT 2007

On Jun 29, 2007, at 9:03 AM, Michelle LR wrote:

> Has anyone come up with a good way to handle beverages so that the
> people
> are served, but not harassed and not neglected?

Several events back I bought a few cases of empty wine bottles.  I
have the people in charge of beverages fill them and leave them on
the table.  When they're empty they get swapped out for full ones and
refilled.  The populous seems to like this approach, and it's cheaper
and nicer looking than plastic pitchers.

- Doc

-=-=-=-
422. Take beeff, and caste hem in a faire pot with goode freysshe
broth, an let boyle onys, and caste hem in a faire pot with goode
freysshe broth, an wyth mery-bonys, and let it boyle: thanne grate
fayre brede and caste ther-to, an caste ther-to Safron an salt. or
ellys take gode grwel y-mad of freys flesshe, y-draw thorw a
straynour, and caste ther-to. An whan thou seruyst yt inne, knocke
owt the marw of the bonys, and serue it forth.  [The Boke of Swyllyng]
-=-=-=-