[Sca-cooks] Stefan's Florilegium file for June

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jun 7 21:32:37 PDT 2007

Greetings to the Gentles of the SCA-Cooks list,

Here is a copy of my Florilegium article for June detailing what is
new in the Florilegium this month.

I'm always looking for more good articles. Often Arts and Sciences
documentation or class handouts can be good candidates for the
Florilegium if they can stand alone without the item or the teacher.
In addition, since I accept updates you can later replace the
documentation or handout with an article. Papers written as A&S
entries are especially desired. Let folks across the Known World

If you have any comments or suggestions about the Florilegium, please
email me with them. Many of the changes to the Florilegium over the
years are because of comments by readers.

Stefan
==========
A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past sixteen years in an ongoing effort, I have been
collecting bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail
lists and articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make
this information available to others, I have placed this information
in a series of files I call Stefan's Florilegium.

I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an
article that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send
it to me for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. Contact me for
more details.

I am also interested in volunteers who might be interested in helping
me maintain the Florilegium. Everything from collecting materials,
editing and web work is needed. Again, please contact me for more
details.

For those who would like to help support the Florilegium project in
another way, I have added a PayPal donation button on the top page of
the site. Any donations, while not tax deductible, do help pay the
overhead costs of keeping the site running.

      THLord Stefan li Rous   Ansteorra    stefan at florilegium.org

Here are the new files for this month:
In the FEASTS section:
    kit-job-titls-msg    Medieval kitchen job titles.
    Wst-Nt-Wnt-Nt-rev    A review by Mistress Jadwiga Zajaczkowa of
                            "Waste Not, Want Not: Food Preservation
                            ...", edited by C. Anne Wilson.
In the FOOD-SWEETS section:
    Cndied-Ginger-art    "Candied Ginger for Remembraunce - Two
                            Versions" by THL Johnnae llyn Lewis
In the PENNSIC section:
    Fly-2-Pennsic-msg    Flying to and from Pennsic and other events.
    Pennsic-IX-bk-art    The Pennsic IX participants booklet.
In the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section:
    rose-oil-msg         Medieval rose oil. Making it.
In the SCA-INC section:
    Pickg-a-Baron-art    "What to look for in a Baronial candidate?"
                            by Duchess Willow de Wisp.

Here are some of the updated files.
    camp-kitchens-msg    Camp kitchen ideas for SCA use.
    fd-New-World-msg     16th C. food of and from the New World.
    food-gifts-msg       Period food items that make good gifts.
    grains-msg           Medieval grains. Recipes. Cooking.
    marmalades-msg       Period marmalades and fruit jellies and jams
    merch-cloth-lst      Lists of clothes and pattern merchants.
    sausage-makng-msg    Sausage making techniques. Supplies.
---
Copyright 2007, Mark S. Harris.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted
if the file descriptions are left unchanged. Removing any of the
updated files listed in order to fit the article into limited
publication space is allowed.  The article introduction may also be
edited, provided the web address and contact info are retained.

<end>
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com