[Sca-cooks] peerage vigil spreads?

Biles, Christina christina.biles at okstate.edu
Thu Mar 1 11:55:31 PST 2007

Jadwiga asked:
>>If you have 'em, what sort of food and how much do people usually
provide?

You've heard from several Ansteorrans already, but another one never
hurts.  ;>  Up in Northern Ansteorra, we tend towards food & lots of it.
There is significant variance, of course.  Some people request a single
person provide a nice table of finger foods.  It's sometimes used as a
way to showcase a friend's cooking talents.  Some people get all of
their friends/household to contribute dishes and have a really big
spread.  Either way, the food is usually things that are simple to pick
up and eat, rather than, say, a bowl of soup.

The breakdown is usually either a big party outside of the vigil "tent"
or a small "tent" with a small spread and a line of people waiting.

I don't think I've been at an Ansteorran vigil that was without some
sort of alcohol on hand, and usually there is something non-alcoholic as
well.

I had a big party at my vigil, and specified that other than chocolate,
food items should be at least periodish.  I was too excited to eat, but
the items on my plate looked very pretty.  ;>  OK, I lie, the chocolate
truffles were to die for.

-Magdalena