[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 11, Issue 11

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Mon Mar 5 09:40:49 PST 2007

In a message dated 3/5/2007 9:06:28 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sca-cooks-request at lists.ansteorra.org writes:

I don't  know if there's any market for the soft roe or milt of
the male  sturgeon; there is for shad, but I've never heard of it for
sturgeon.

My grandma used to use the 'milts' of various fish to make a 'cream' sauce
to use on meat dishes, since fish, being parve, wouldn't spoil the kosher-ness
of the dish. Never tasted it myself, since my mom didn't like it - or thought
it  was 'old country'.
    Devra
http://www.aol.com.