[Sca-cooks] hate hate hate 'american' restaurant food.

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 5 11:23:50 PST 2007

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise wrote:
> This, ladies & gentlemen, is ridiculous. People are putting hot pepper
> in deep-fried onions. They are dumping it on everything. Is this like
> the well-done steak problem-- a way of disguising a horrible food? Or
> what?
>
> I like spices. I make mustard, and ginger sauce, and peppercorn sauce.
> But short of pretending to a mild 'reaction' to hot pepper or only going
> to diners for american food, is there any safe way to avoid being hot
> 'peppered' everywhere?

Beats the heck out of me.  I was victimized by capsicum at Hooters the
other day [I was taking a friend from out of town, the food is OK and
the girls are very sweet really] where they didn't say Word One about
"spicy" in the description of the crab dip.  Grrr.

Like any other "flavor of the month" we will just have to outlive the
trend.  I think I'm liking the ubiquity of Pomegranate Juice much better.

Feeling crabby, Selene