[Sca-cooks] hate hate hate 'american' restaurant food.

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Mar 5 14:56:25 PST 2007

> This, ladies & gentlemen, is ridiculous. People are putting hot pepper
> in deep-fried onions. They are dumping it on everything. Is this like
> the well-done steak problem-- a way of disguising a horrible food? Or
> what?

It's a cheap way of making people think they are getting  something special
while hiding the blahness of chain restaurant fare.  It also means that the
cook doesn't need to be on the top of his game each and every night to turn
out decent food.

> I like spices. I make mustard, and ginger sauce, and peppercorn sauce.
> But short of pretending to a mild 'reaction' to hot pepper or only going
> to diners for american food, is there any safe way to avoid being hot
> 'peppered' everywhere?
>
> --
> -- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net

Margaret has a problem with fresh capsacin that can range from indigestion
to hospitalization.  She's learned that if there is any doubt, ask.  If you
don't like the answer, leave.

BTW, I actually prefer diners for American food.  Most independent cafes,
diners and restaurants need to out perform the chains to survive.

Bear