[Sca-cooks] Recipie Books

Siren Song sirensong13 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 08:06:20 PST 2007

Greetings,
I am Siobhan. I am new to your list and really enjoying it's activity :) What I am looking for are some good reference books on Renaissance era cooking. I started writing a column for Bella online last month. I am their Renaissance editor. I want to start doing some more scholarly articles. One of the areas I want to write in is period cooking.
I plan to include recipes along with information about how their cheese cake and our cheese cake ( and other foods) do not taste the same but that is not a BAD thing (nor is it a bland thing) , the use of old world spices, actual feast menus, and so on.

If you have any resources for these things I would VERY MUCH appreciate the information :D

Additionally, it is looking like I will be doing a feast for my Barony event in the near future and it will be good homework for that too. :D

Thanks in advance,
Siobhan

Lady Siobhan inghean ui Tigernaigh
http://www.bellaonline.com/site/renaissance
It's not the color of the Text but how you use it.