[Sca-cooks] grow your own spices? (was) Onion Juice - andSaffronmeasurements

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Mar 7 18:37:36 PST 2007

I'd forgotten that I also have sorrel plants.  They come up every year, all
by themselves.  Lovely in salads or in dishes with other (cooked) greens
like spinach tarts and such.  They live in the oak half-barrels, with some
well-behaved peppermint (one barrel) and marigolds (the 2nd barrel).  They
have a pretty awesome taproot, so they like a nice deep pot, and room all to
themselves. They produce leaves all during the growing season, although you
sometimes have to take a whip and chair to them if they bolt (a lot like
spinach, in that regard).
--Maire