[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 11, Issue 18

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Mar 8 18:06:20 PST 2007

> The the spice the whole or just the pollen of the top of the thread?

The whole thread-- that is the stamen-- is the spice. But as you can
imagine that means one bulb, one thread.

I believe that the bulbs can be overwintered in some places but not
others, though generally one plants them in the spring (unlike other
bulbs). You probably get better results with removing and replanting
though.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net