[Sca-cooks] Party on with sugar free peeps

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Mar 13 14:10:31 PDT 2007

Sugar free Peeps are in the news... see stories here
http://www.startribune.com/404/story/1015862.html
where the article reads in part
Not disturbing because sugar-free Peeps are sort of a crime
against nature, though they are, but because they consist
 largely of maltitol, isomalt, polyglycitol syrup and sorbitol
-- "sugar alcohols" required to carry a warning that excess
consumption may have a laxative effect.
Mr. Tidbit doesn't want to know how close
to "excess" for a small child the package's three-Peep
 (28-gram) serving comes. Nor does he think you should find out the hard
way.

Johnnae