[Sca-cooks] Test

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 13 19:31:09 PDT 2007

On 3/13/07 6:22 PM, "Sue Clemenger" <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:

> Period or modern or doesn't matter?

At least "period style" if not actually documented to the letter.

> Period fish recipes I like include the one for boiled shrimp, and I like one
> (Spanish?) for salmon that involves bitter orange juice.  I know there are
> many others, but those are the ones I recall off the top of my head, which
> is busily eating a green salad with some grilled salmon on it.  Speaking of
> grilled salmon, there was a tasty salmon dish, grilled and served cold, if
> I'm remembering, and served with, maybe a dill/sour cream sauce? at the
> event in An Tir I attended last December.  Lainie may remember it better,
> although she was pretty busy that night...

Ya well if it's for Lent, then a lot of the creamy goodness is Out. Unless I
can figure out a workaround based on almond milk. You can curdle almond milk
like soymilk into tofu, can't you?

Aeduin's suggestion of the grilled salmon with cider-mustard glaze is ok I
think, but how much salmon can we get away with serving at the same meal?
But dammmmn, that man has a way with salmon though.

Kiri has utterly ruined me for any lesser crab than fresh Baltimore crab.
Dastardly woman!  [yum]

Selene