[Sca-cooks] Recipe Books

Ian Kusz sprucebranch at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 19:35:02 PDT 2007

don't forget the gutenberg project; they have a number of old texts....
www.gutenberg.org/catalog/
including "the Forme of cury"
"The Closet of Sir Kenelm Digby Opened" mid-17th century
"De re coquinaria" in Latin
"Old Cookery Books and Ancient Cuisine" by W Carew Hazlitt
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/12293/12293-h/12293-h.htm
"English Housewifery" (published 1764)
"The Compleat Cook: Expertly Prescribing the Most Ready Wayes, whether...."
1658
"The Queen-like Closet or Rich Cabinet" 1684
Anyway, maybe some of this'll help?