[Sca-cooks] Alternate Feast Settings

Patrick Levesque petruvoda at videotron.ca
Sun Mar 18 11:55:15 PDT 2007

Greetings all!

I'm thinking about alternate ways to put on feasts for the populace at
event.

Specifically, I would like to hold something similar to the French
"Collation" during a dancing event  (in a way, quite similar to food
available in period balls, say). The way I see this, it would be kind of
like an overgrown sideboard, preferably in an adjacent but not entirely
closed up room.

(Mind you, I still need to reasearch and develop further this "collation"
concept)

On the good side, I foresee that this would alleviate a lot of the serving
strain (leave food there and change at regular intervals).

There are probably a few bad sides as well; is anybody who has experimented
with this (or other) alternate feast setting able to provide information and
suggestions?

Petru