[Sca-cooks] tomato soup

Ysabeau lady.ysabeau at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 06:35:00 PDT 2007

I am blessed in Austin to have someone called the Soup Peddler who is kind
of the hippie version of the soup nazi of Seinfeld fame. He started off
making soups and delivering them by bicycle but, as happens, the business
has expanded and he now delivers soup, entrees, and quiches all over the
city.

Okay, to bring this back to the topic...sort of...He makes the most
delicious tomato soup and tomato bisque. One of the things he notes in in
the description is that they are thickened with rice in the "Italian way".
The tomato soup started with him cruising on his bicycle and using whatever
fresh herbs he could appropriate on the way. That was when he had like 100
customers. Now he has to buy them and the soup has become more standard but
still delicious.

http://www.souppeddler.com/ for anyone in Austin who is interested. He also
has entertaining "Soup News From Around the World" on occasion.

Ysabeau