[Sca-cooks] Friend going to Austin

Colin MacNachtan dcm at mccr.org
Tue Mar 27 07:22:12 PDT 2007

On Tuesday 27 March 2007 8:57 am, Ysabeau wrote:
> Depending on her price range, Trulucks is supposed to be good. Austin isn't
> a great place for seafood because we are inland. There is another
> place...can't think of it right now called Johnny V's(?) that is supposed
> to have good seafood. I usually cook it myself when I want good seafood.

That would be Eddie V's Edgewater Grill.  I haven't been there but it appears
to be successful.

If you can stand the wait and are willing to go to a chain, Pappadeaux is
great.  They specialize in Creole and Cajun flavors and generally have really
good fresh seafood.

If you want good cheap fried shrimp, gumbo, and beer, Pacific Star is an
excellent hole-in-the-wall type of place.  There's one in Round Rock and one
toward Cedar Park.

Colin