[Sca-cooks] help on 17th c. French Chocolate Drinking (Ysabeau)

JAMES REVELLS sudnserv5 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 27 11:26:10 PDT 2007

When I was in Germany a couple of years ago I saw a quote from a French
Duchess  (Liselotte) that was from the 17 Century about drinking chocolate.
She was the wife of the Duke of Orleans, brother of Louis XIV, and the
daughter of  Karl-Ludwig who ruled Heidelberg & it was from her letters home
from France. The letters were supposed to have been in some form of
published book.  I don't have the quote or a source for it, but at least
it's a lead.
Pax,
Olaf
Jim Revells

Olaf's Plunder

"A Different Kind of Art Gallery & Gift Store"

Open 10 AM to 6 PM
Additional Hours by Appointment

See our web site at:
http://stores.olafsplunder.com