[Sca-cooks] peerage vigil spreads?

Ysabeau lady.ysabeau at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 09:02:20 PST 2007

It is traditional as far as I've seen here in Ansteorra. The last several
vigils I've attended have had everything from simple munchies and drinks to
a full spread that would rival the feast.

The type and style depends on the peerage and if it is a laurel, what they
are getting laureled for. We had one laurel who was also a brewer. It was
sort of a surprise so the food was simple but good (IIRC) and they offered
servings of several different items that he had made/brewed.

There was a pelican who had a cooking laurel in her household (I think she
is a cooking laurel - Gunthar? what did Gwyneth get her laurel for?). That
was the one were the buffet matched the feast for quantity and quality.

It was the same for the knighting ceremony (the husband was knighted and the
wife was pelicaned (is that a verb?) within a month of each other). The same
laurel created a wonderful spread for the vigil.

Those are the last three I can think of...

Ysabeau
Ansteorra - Barony of Bryn Gwlad