[Sca-cooks] grow your own spices? (was) Onion Juice - and Saffronmeasurements

Siren Song sirensong13 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 08:49:09 PST 2007

Being new to Oklahoma (I'm a California transplant) I am having to deal with furry things and weather I never dealt with before. I am going to try a fresh herb garden this year anyway :D I already have some seeds started in a green house.

Any suggestions for other period cooking herbs?

Right now I have Rosemary, Tarragon, Marjoram, basal (purple), and lemon Balm. I don't know how period any of those are but they are a start :)

Did they infuse oils with herbs back then like we do now? Or similarly anyway..
Thanks,
Siobhan