[Sca-cooks] Roast piggy was Doing my best from digest Issue 22

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Mar 7 06:12:29 PST 2007

>Yep.  I was playing with recipe 8.
>
>Schuesseln is, I believe modernly Schussel with the umlauted U. which can
>translate as dish, bowl, basin, tureen, sauce boat, gravy boat, and (of a
>meal) dish or course.  The terminal "n" and the usage make me think this
>may
>mean "a small bowl."

Schuesseln is the plural form.  I've notice that
Rumpolt at times also  uses  "ein" or"eine" with
what appears to be a plural noun. He plays pretty
fast and loose with word endings though.

Here is a similar recipe from Rumpolt.

Ranvaig

<clipped>

Good point.  Makes you wonder about the grammar rules and usage in Mittel
Deutsch.  It is also possible the two authors had German as a Second
Language.  I know tenses and gender cause me grief.

Bear