[Sca-cooks] capsicums

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Mar 7 09:00:16 PST 2007

> I am, however, a fan of capsicums. I grew up eating bland Midwestern
> food. I'm originally from Chicago where garlic is, or at least was in
> the 1950s, considered outright subversive.

Ah. I wonder if that's it. I'm originally from upstate NY and moved to
Central PA, and I'm an herbalist by avocation, have been for the last 25
years or so. So, as I learned to season things (I was cooking for our
family by the time I was 14) I used herbs a lot, but avoided hot
pepper.. even though my dad liked it.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net