[Sca-cooks] Orange Flower Water, was Orange flavored wafers ( was Pomegranate and Onion Juice)

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Mar 7 22:01:25 PST 2007

> Strangely, I haven't seen recipes using orange flower water within
> SCA period (anyone know of any?).

Hm.

>From the Libro de Sent Sovi, translated in Santich, Barbara, The
Original Mediterranean Cuisine (Chicago: Chicago Review Press, 1995)

Angel's Food
If you want to eat the fresh curds, put the curds in the mortar and
pound with some good white sugar. And when pounded together, blend in
some rosewater or orangeflower water, and put it in bowls or dishes or
whatever you like; and serve it at table... And you can do the same with
fresh cheese, which is better, and it is called angel's food.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net