[Sca-cooks] Orange Flower Water, was Orange flavored wafers ( was Pomegranate and Onion Juice)

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Mar 9 04:38:30 PST 2007

As mentioned yesterday, Alessio  contains information on
Orange flower water and speaks about distilling it.
"The original volume was printed in Italy in 1555. By the year 1600, at
least seventy editions had been published, and it could be read not only
in the original Italian, but also in Latin, French, English, German,
Dutch, Spanish, and Polish."
My original article on Alessio was published in Tournaments illuminated
a few years back.
Once it's in Alessio, the knowledge is out there throughout Europe.
I suspect that C. Anne Wilson's new book
*Water of Life: A History of Wine-distilling and Spirits from 500 BC to
AD 2000*
will probably go into the subject.

Johnnae