[Sca-cooks] The Bad, the Good, and the Better ;-)

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Mar 13 17:20:14 PDT 2007

Well, we had a disaster. Souage got loose in the middle of the night
and killed all my ducks. I  don't think it was viciousness on her
part, but rather they seemed to her to be squeaky toys, and she played
them to death.

However, I have now come up with an even better way to confine her- if
she gets out of this one, I give up, I'm gonna train her to be a
blacksmith.

However, R&M agreed to let me replace them, and I ordered some more
ducks- another 4- two black runners (duck and drake), and a couple of
tufted fawn and white ducks, so not only will I have ducks running
around who look like self motivated bowling pins, but (at least) 2 of
them will have little pompoms on their heads ;-)

Not only that, they allowed me to order some geese- tufted Romans-
which happen to be a period breed ;-) And, while 2 are destined for
the freezer, I can keep two to raise as pets and breeding stock ;-)

And, there will be a couple of turkey poults as well- also to be
raised for the freezer, but they are big enough, and aggressive
enough, birds, to teach playful doggies a lesson at need ;-)

Johann, how'd you get me into this, anyway?

Next project- figure out how to acquire some Dorkings and some Jungle Fowl....

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard