[Sca-cooks] ideas for beef brisket

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 13 19:48:18 PDT 2007

> I bought two pounds of beef brisket on Sunday for a recipe
> that the Consort and I were going to be making. Said recipe
> calls for flank steak, but for some odd reason I didn't feel
> like paying $5.99/lb for flank steak and the brisket was on
> sale. Well, the Consort decided that he'd rather have the
> flank steak, so now I have a brisket that I have no idea what
> to do with.
>
> So I need ideas as to what to do with it. Consort says
> "You'll come up with something." What did they do with this
> part of the cow in period?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Margaret FitzWilliam

Braised beef?  Smoked beef / jerky?

As to what *I* would do with it now -- s-l-o-w cook "wet" OR barbecue,
braise-and-boil, or something similar.  Salt only at table, or as
sparingly as possible before that.  Slice / chop across the grain.

And if your resources run to it, the afore-mentioned home-corned beef
sounds marvy.

Amra
Kitchen Idiot

Mike C. Baker