[Sca-cooks] Wafer Irons dated 1481

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Mar 16 18:30:36 PDT 2007

Back in December 2006 there was a great deal of discussion
about surviving examples of pre 1600 wafer irons.
I have come across an example on page 114 of the new volume
At Home in Renaissance Italy. It's the V&A catalogue of their
exhibit .
http://www.vam.ac.uk/vastatic/microsites/1487_renaissance/index.html

Wafering Irons, Umbria 1481
17.3 cm
It's part of the V&A collection but is not included in the collection that
can be searched on the website. At least the accession numbers and searching
under the subject doesn't turn them up.

Johnnae

December 10th 2006
Phlip wrote--Well, if you find any patterns, please share them ;-)

//>/ Craig Jones wrote:/
A cast iron wafer maker with a more period looking pattern... I'd buy 2-3 of
those...
Now that I think about it, I've never seen pre-1600 wafer patterns... I'm
sure someone an enlighten me...Drakey.

I still don't remember it having anything on the patterns on period
wafer irons, though. I'd love to get such info though. And if someone
has pictures of such patterns, I can put graphics info files.
Stefan