[Sca-cooks] OT Question

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Fri Mar 16 22:18:07 PDT 2007

Haven't read the book, but Thomas Crapper (1836-1910) certainly wasn't
period.  He wasn't the inventor of the flush toilet, but held several
patents that made the flush toilet workable.  His name is a variant of
Cropper.

While there are a number of claims to who invented the flush toilet, the
most serious contender is Sir John Harington, who created a flush toilet
(the Ajax) in 1596 for his godmother, Elizabeth I.

Bear