[Sca-cooks] New to this list - Need help with a medieval wedding

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sat Mar 17 05:34:18 PDT 2007

Well, Jennifer, we'll be happy to help, but you're going to have to
help us narrow things down a bit. Asking us for "Medieval Food" is a
bit like asking us for something green- there's a zillion or so green
things out there, and it would help if you could answer, "Animal,
vegetable, or mineral" ;-) Do you at least have some idea about what
culture you'd like to look at? I suspect that if you were to go into
the Florilegium (www.florilegium.org) you might get some idea of what
is available. Once you've been there, then you can start looking at
specific books. It's kinda hard for us to determine the preferences of
you and your guests.

One think I'd suggest would be to look at a soteltie/sibtlety, to
provide a central theme for the rest of your meal. All a soteltie is,
is a highly decorated food, often a sweet, frequently a savory, that
isn't quite what it appears to be.