[Sca-cooks] OT Question

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Sat Mar 17 06:34:11 PDT 2007

Was written:

After thinking about it, I can recommend this book:

Wright, Lawrence, 1906-
Clean and decent : the history of the bath and loo and of sundry habits,
fashions & accessories of
the toilet, principally in Great Britain, France & America / by Lawrence
Wright.
Rev. ed. / with additional material by Dave Larder.
London ; Boston : Routledge & Kegan Paul, 1980.
x, 211 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
ISBN: 0710006470 (pbk.)

I have read this, but it was 20 years ago.  Lawrency Wright also wrote a
book called "Warm and
Snug : the History of the Bed."

Thanks!  I'm going to look for both of them.  A few years ago I did an
art/sci project along the lines of domestic sanitation.  I'm thinking of
revisiting the subject in a broader sense.

Daniel