[Sca-cooks] Feast nightmare

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Mon Mar 19 06:00:13 PDT 2007

The feast is still months away, my bid isn't even accepted yet, but
I'm having nightmares about it.

I was taking a nap at home, not my current apartment, but our old
house with the kitchen on the second floor, .. and the local cooking
laurel showed up with ten (not enough!) whole chickens, frozen solid.
It was 6 o'clock, time to serve and nothing was cooked, nothing was
even shopped for yet.

We were running around my place, trying to find enough food to feed
100 people. I couldn't find my menu or shopping list or recipes.  I'd
thrown away the paper copy and the computer files were gone.

I ran back up the stairs for one more armload of food, when I came
down, everyone else had left for the event, which had switched to
some new place, and I didn't know where it was.

Then I was in some fancy store, taking an escalator to find apples,
and the only ones they had were in gift baskets hanging high on the
wall, and I couldn't get anyone to take them down for me. I'd
forgotten the saffron, and no one had any.

It could be worse, I could have had nightmares about the new job,
that I start later today.

Ranvaig