[Sca-cooks] Alternate Feast Settings

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Mar 19 09:35:56 PDT 2007

> Specifically, I would like to hold something similar to the French
> "Collation" during a dancing event  (in a way, quite similar to food
> available in period balls, say). The way I see this, it would be kind of
> like an overgrown sideboard, preferably in an adjacent but not entirely
> closed up room.

I've done very long dayboards this way, and it's worked out well. It's a
lot of work to do a whole feast this way but it can be done, and for
people like me who worry about timing, it can be a blessing.

What I'd suggest, though, is to take a look at the late-period idea of
the banquetting course (See the Leeds Symposium publication "Banquetting
Stuff") and see if that model would work for you, as a period model.

I'm reading _Banquetting Stuff_ now and really excited about the
concept.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net