[Sca-cooks] Apropos of ?? Re: OT Question

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Mon Mar 19 16:40:27 PDT 2007

Was written:

One of Thomas Crapper's descendants teaches middle school - science? - just
up the road from me.  As you'd expect, kids have a field day with the name,
but he's very proud of it :-)

I've an odder one in my family.  My mother's family name comes out of
England via colonial New England. Three of my ancestors with that family
name are buried in the King's Chapel Cemetery in Boston.  The death date on
the stone of the most well known one is 1692.  The part of the family that
stayed in England had a member that was a well known doctor.  He researched
a particularly virulent disease which he wrote up for the journals of the
time.  That disease was popularly named after him.  His name...  Clap or
Clapp.

Daniel