[Sca-cooks] Sausages, now vs. then (was TV advice requested)

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Mar 21 07:31:40 PDT 2007

The only significant difference between current sausage practices (that I
have personally encountered), and those from the middle ages, is that a
majority of the current sausages all seem to require refrigeration, even the
cooked/cured ones.  I honestly don't know if this is due more to a (perhaps
cultural) preference for "fresh" sausages, or if it's because of modern
food-handling habits, but I definitely have that impression.....
--maire