[Sca-cooks] Camp cooking experiment a success

Guenièvre de Monmarché guenievre at erminespot.com
Wed Mar 21 12:14:48 PDT 2007

> I wouldn't have tried any kind of pie or easily squishable item because
> it does squeeze it a bit. I wonder how they did the "pot pie" item. The
> cobbler I can see.

If your foodsealer has a "seal immediately" feature (I think they all do,
just by hitting the seal button you use to make the bags during the cycle),
it works fine for pies as long as they have a fairly stiff crust - I've done
meat pies and open quiches with the only ill effect being a slight
"patterning" on the surface of the item from the texture inside the bags...

Guenièvre