[Sca-cooks] clean milk?

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 19:50:40 PDT 2007

I think it is what it's called in Sweden "rå mjölk", "crude mjölk", the
first milk from the cow when it's give birth to the calve. It's used for a
dessert called "kalvdans", made with this milk and a lot of eggs.
Ana

On 3/25/07, Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> <<<
> > Rosettes!  They are Swedish.  I make these around Christmastime.  I
> > never really found documentation for working them with dipped irons
> > like this but I think Huette has.
>
> > From Rumpolt, Ein new Kochbuch, Von allerlei Gebackens
>
> 5. Mach ein Teig mit Wein und Eiern an/ oder mit
> lauter Milch. Sto? den Messing Model
> in heisse Butter/ da? er warm wirt/ truckne jhn
> wohl ab/ sto? das Eisen in Teig/ da? er
> nicht vber das Eisen gehet/ halts gegen dem
> Feuwer/ da? fein trucken wirt an dem
> Eisen/ und wenns trucken ist/ so sto? flugs in
> heisse Butter/ so wirt der Teig vom Eisen
> lassen/ backs geschwindt au?/ legs auf ein Bret oder Sib.
>
> 5. Make a dough with wine and eggs/ or with clean
> milk. Push the brass mold (pattern) in hot
> butter/ so it becomes warm/ dry it well/ push the
> iron in the dough/ that it does not go over the
> iron/ hold against the fire/ that it will dry
> nicely on the iron/ and when dry, then push
> quickly in hot butter/ then you will leave the
> dough on the iron/ fry quickly/ lay on a clean
> board or sieve.
>
> Ranvaig >>>
>
> "with *clean* milk" ???
>
> Huh? As opposed to what? Dirty milk? Sour milk?
>
> Stefan
> --------
>     Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
> StefanliRous at austin.rr.com

Skarpnäcks Allé 45 ll tr
12833 Skarpnäck
Sweden
tel +468-943288
mobil 4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your
eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long
to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci