[Sca-cooks] An itinerary (WAS: Bread and butter issues)

Sam Wallace guillaumedep at worldnet.att.net
Sat Mar 31 23:37:55 PDT 2007

Johnnae,

Thanks for posting that reference. Your timing is great as I am currently
putting together a lowlands feast. I do not believe I have seen frog legs
mentioned elsewhere. I did a little looking around and found some links for
anyone interested in downloading a copy.

An itinerary vvritten by Fynes Moryson gent. first in the Latine tongue, and
then translated by him into English: containing his ten yeeres travell
throvgh the tvvelve domjnions of Germany, Bohmerland, Sweitzerland,
Netherland, Denmarke, Poland, Jtaly, Turky, France, England, Scotland, and
Ireland. Diuided into III parts

http://www.archive.org/details/fynesmorysons01moryuoft
http://www.archive.org/details/fynesmorysons02moryuoft
http://www.archive.org/details/fynesmorysons03moryuoft

The direct download links follow, but they are 40MB+ in size. Be warned if
you are like me and on dial-up:

http://www.archive.org/download/fynesmorysons01moryuoft/fynesmorysons01moryuoft.pdf
http://www.archive.org/download/fynesmorysons02moryuoft/fynesmorysons02moryuoft.pdf
http://www.archive.org/download/fynesmorysons03moryuoft/fynesmorysons03moryuoft.pdf

There are also text files, but I have not looked at them closely as the
second of the three looks to be corrupted.

Yours,

Guillaume
>  From An itinerary vvritten by Fynes Moryson Gent. 1617

> CHAP. IIII. Of the vnited Prouinces in Netherland, and of Denmarke and
Poland, touching the said subiects of the precedent third Chapter.