[Sca-cooks] peerage vigil spreads?

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Thu Mar 1 09:35:10 PST 2007

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise wrote:

> Hey everybunny, I got a question...
> In your area of the world, how common is it to have a
> buffet/munchies/foodzels for a peerage vigil?
> If you have 'em, what sort of food and how much do people usually
> provide?
> -- jadwiga

There's usually snackage, although it depends on who is coordinating the
spread what there actually is. I've seen everything from a plate of
cookies and a bowl of almonds to what I would call a full buffet.

I was asked to provide munchies for a vigil last summer for a lady who has
a 9th c. Irish persona. So I was already working with limited materials,
plus it's hot in July, plus she is hypoglycemic so no sugar. I provided
dried plums and raisins, hazelnuts, walnuts, gingerbread (honey is ok),
darioles made with Splenda, and shortbread made with sugar for guests.
Someone else was responsible for bringing fresh fruit, which is why teeny
bananas showed up on the vigil table. There was also bread, butter, honey,
and her husband provided fresh cheese.

Unfortunately they stuck the vigil tent way out of the way so not many
people came by nor did they eat much. I think I still have a little
shortbread left in the freezer. ;-)

Margaret FitzWilliam