[Sca-cooks] Twinkie, Deconstructed

Sandra Kisner sjk3 at cornell.edu
Thu Mar 1 11:11:00 PST 2007

>Being released today March 1st is the new book
>Twinkie, Deconstructed by author Steve Ettlinger.
>In this fascinating exploration into the curious world of packaged
>foods, Twinkie, Deconstructed takes us from phosphate mines in Idaho to
>corn fields in Iowa, from gypsum mines in Oklahoma to oil fields in
>China, to demystify some of America’s most common processed food
>ingredients—where they come from, how they are made, how they are
>used—and why.

Hmmm.  Cornell has a copy on order.  Ettlinger is also the author (or
co-author) of "Beer for dummies," "The Complete illustrated guide to
everything sold in garden centers (except the plants)," "The Kitchenware
book," and "Restaurant lover's companion : a handbook for deciphering the
mysteries of ethnic menus."  I may have to look at some of these.

Sandra