[Sca-cooks] peerage vigil spreads?

Etain1263 at aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Thu Mar 1 14:00:03 PST 2007

An interesting question.  Im not sure about all of Aethelmearc,  but in
ACG...we do food.   We had one of our own get his Pelican last  month, and another
get her Laurel last week.  He was in the cook's guild  and her husband is also
in the cook's guild, so the guild provided  both "spreads".   We included
what the "honoree" wished, and then all  just offered what we chose to bring.
The coordinator of the vigil had  final say, but we almost always do period
foods, so there was no problems.   The Cordon Bleu Cook's guild of Thescorre
provided pelican/laurel cookies  for each event (much thanks for all that hard
work!).
  We had meatballs, several kinds of tarts: daryoles, brie, lemon,  plum
pudding, and strawberye, cakes, "cheese goo", trayne roste (special request  of
the baby bird), and a cheese spread.   Since both of these vigil's  were
afternoon, prior to feast, nothing too substantial was offered.
  As for "how much".....too much!   Both times we had a lot  left over to
party on later that evening!

Etain
http://www.aol.com.