[Sca-cooks] Recipe Books

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Mar 16 04:12:56 PDT 2007

Another easy way to get into the actual texts that are available online
besides what is available at Project Gutenberg is to bookmark and use
Cindy Renfrow's excellent site, esp.
http://www.thousandeggs.com/cookbooks.html
where she links to online historical culinary books & projects. These are
more likely to fit in with the requested parameters of 1400-1600.

Also see Professor Martha Carlin's Homepage at
http://www.uwm.edu/~carlin/
where she lists culinary texts and resources from
the medieval through the early modern period.

Also see the articles "Online Sources for Recipes & Culinary Texts—
A Selective List for Sugar and Dessert Sites" and Online Sources for
Recipes & Culinary Texts: A Selective List"
in the Dec2005/Jan 2006 and Feb/March 2006 Citadel.
They are online at:http://chronicler.cynnabar.org/citadel/

Johnnae