[Sca-cooks] Recipe Books

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 17:11:01 PDT 2007

I don't know if Cindy is still on this list or not, but yesterday I went to her website
to view several of the online recipe books and found a lot of broken links.  Most of them
are because Dr. Gloning has moved to a University in Austria and moved his site also. All of links
to his books haven't been changed on Cindy's website.  And there are several other books that
aren't working that are not part of Dr. Gloning's list.  If Cindy isn't on this list, would
someone drop her a note?  I don't have her e-mail address.

Huette

--- Johnna Holloway <johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu> wrote:

> Another easy way to get into the actual texts that are available online
> besides what is available at Project Gutenberg is to bookmark and use
> Cindy Renfrow's excellent site, esp.
> http://www.thousandeggs.com/cookbooks.html
> where she links to online historical culinary books & projects. These are
> more likely to fit in with the requested parameters of 1400-1600.
>
> Also see Professor Martha Carlin's Homepage at
> http://www.uwm.edu/~carlin/
> where she lists culinary texts and resources from
> the medieval through the early modern period.
>
> Also see the articles "Online Sources for Recipes & Culinary Texts—
> A Selective List for Sugar and Dessert Sites" and Online Sources for
> Recipes & Culinary Texts: A Selective List"
> in the Dec2005/Jan 2006 and Feb/March 2006 Citadel.
> They are online at:http://chronicler.cynnabar.org/citadel/
>
> Johnnae
>

> Ian Kusz wrote:
> > don't forget the gutenberg project; they have a number of old texts....
> > www.gutenberg.org/catalog/ snip
> > On 3/6/07, Siren Song <sirensong13 at yahoo.com> wrote: Yes, you are correct and I am aware it is
> a HUGE area :)snip need
> > #2 1400-1600 European, Asian, and African.
> > #3 I am only good enough at English to use already transcribed materials.

My thoughts are whirled like a potter's wheel;   King Henry VI, part I: I, v
http://www.twoheartsentwinedpottery.com/