[Sca-cooks] OT Question

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Mar 19 07:58:37 PDT 2007

> Wright, Lawrence, 1906-
> Clean and decent : the history of the bath and loo and of sundry habits, fashions & accessories of
> the toilet, principally in Great Britain, France & America / by Lawrence Wright.
> Rev. ed. / with additional material by Dave Larder.
> London ; Boston : Routledge & Kegan Paul, 1980.
> x, 211 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
> ISBN: 0710006470 (pbk.)

This is an EXCELLENT summary, albeit from a 1950s perspective, of the
material, and a great place to start.  It would have been better, of
course, with a more extensive bibliography & footnotes, but of all the
general books on the topic, this is the best-researched; scholarly works
tend to be more narrow in their time focus.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net