[Sca-cooks] Camp cooking experiment a success

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Wed Mar 21 12:12:40 PDT 2007

yay for seal a meals!
for Estrella this year, we did seal a meals for pretty much the whole week. stews, barley, veg, etc
(period recipes of course ;)) were all cooked at home and sealed, then frozen.

worked like a charm!! one hint...if theyre frozen, you dont need as much ice. also, seal in several
bags rather than one giant one for easier thawing, quicker heating up and you can more easily adjust
for numbers of diners.

its not as much fun as cooking over a fire, etc but given that we watned to fit in plenty of
shopping, classes, fighting and equestrian fun, it worked well :)

--Anne-Marie