[Sca-cooks] Camp cooking experiment a success

K C Francis katiracook at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 22 14:38:37 PDT 2007

I have a VERY old seal-a-meal with no 'suck' option.  No problem, I just
carefully (and it is quite easy) press until the sauce is just below the
seal area and then press down the seal bar.  I always use it for stew like
dishes.  Beef burgandy or tarragon chicken with onions and mushrooms.  Thick
soups are great too.

My old household used this method to great advantace back in the mid 80's.
These days with my busy schedule at events and being a court junkie, my best
reason is that I can cook for one and heat and eat my one meal in just a few
minutes.   And then use the hot water for washing the bowl & spoon.
Cooking from scratch, which I loved to do, was to hard to fit in around
evening court.

I am always on the lookout for 'boil-n-the-bag' products for the same
reason, but they are few and far between these days.  One freezer brand used
to have great thick soups.  Now it is all microwave.  Wish they would make
the packaging boilable too.

Katira