[Sca-cooks] Grains

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Mar 29 19:29:51 PDT 2007

For England the set that probably answers your questions is titled
The Agrarian History of England and Wales.
Cambridge University Press is the publisher.
It's an expensive multi volumed set. Volume 3 covers 1348-1500 in 1000
pages.
1. Introduction: land and people; 2. The occupation of the land; 3.
Farming practice and techniques; 4. Marketing the produce of the
countryside, 1200–1500; 5. Prices and Wages, 1350–1500; 6. Landlords; 7.
Tenant farming and tenant farmers; 8. Peasant rebellion and peasant
discontents; 9. Rural building in England and Wales; Select
bibliography; Index.
You'll just have to hope that a university or college in your area has
the set.
For information on grains in general look under under agriculture, not
breads. You'll have better
luck finding what you want.

Johnna